Veterans Resource Center
CalVet trained volunteers are available Mondays, Tuesdays and Saturdays to help veterans and their families find resources and connect to benefits they may be entitled to at the Point Loma/Hervey Branch Library. Street address and hours of availability are posted at left.
- National Call Center for Homeless Veterans: 1-877-4AID-VET (424-3838)
- VA Caregiver Support Line: 1-855-260-3274
- VA San Diego Healthcare: 1-858-552-8585
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Wounded Warrior Resource Center: 1-800-342-9647
San Diego Resources
- 211/Courage to Call
- Cal-Diego Paralyzed Veterans Association
- Employment Services for Veterans
- Habitat for Humanity
- San Diego Vet Center
- San Diego Veterans Coalition
- San Diego Veterans Court
- Veterans 360 (Engagement, Education, Employment)
- Veterans Village of San Diego
- Wounded Warrior Homes
- CalVet Web Site
- CalVet Mobile App
- CalVet Newsletters
- CalVet Frequently Asked Questions
- Women Veterans
- Calfornia Veteran License Plates
- County Veteran Service Office Location List
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA) Web Site
- USDVA Toll Free Numbers
- USDVA Frequently Asked Questions
- USDVA Publications
- USDVA Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Coach Mobile App
- Veterans In Partnership (VISN11) Healthcare Network: Veterans, Students and Professors
- Agent Orange Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Calfornia Veterans Resource Book (PDF)
- College Fee Waiver Program Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Homeless Veterans Resources (PDF)
- Traumatic Brain Injury/PTSD Fact Sheet (PDF)
Cantrell, Bridget C.
Down Range: To Iraq and Back. Seattle: WordSmith, 2005. 156pp.
Back from the Front: Combat Trauma, Love, and the Family. Baltimore: Sidran Institute Press, 2007. 478pp.
Hidden Casualties: Battles on the Home Front. Unionville, NY: Silk Label Books, 2003. 346pp.
Steen, Joanne M.
Military Widow: A Survival Guide. Annapolis: Naval Institute Press, 2006. 215pp.
Whealin, Julia M., Lorie T. DeCarvalho, and Edward M. Vega.
Strategies for Managing Stress after War: Veteran's Workbook and Guide to Wellness. Hoboken: Wiley, 2008. 113pp.