Provisions for Alcoholic Beverage Use
The Meeting Rooms policy allows the consumption and sale of alcoholic beverages within the facilities on a one-day use permit only. It is the intent of the community to provide these specified areas where alcoholic beverages can be served at wedding receptions, banquets, etc. within the facility. Those groups wishing to consume alcoholic beverages within these public facilities must adhere to the following provisions:
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to complete all necessary in a timely manner. All applications must be approved two weeks prior to event. Failure to do so will result in non-use of the facility.
- Food and refreshments, including alcoholic beverages, shall be permitted only in certain designated areas.
- Security guards may be required and it is the responsibility of the applicant to prove his/her hiring of same.
- Liability insurance must name the City of San Diego, its officers, employees and agents, and any other public entities impacted by the event as an additional insured. Insurance coverage must be maintained for the duration of the event, including set-up/tear-down dates. Advance notice of cancellation shall be provided to the City.Advance proof of coverage in the amount of $1 million combined single limit liability insurance is generally required. However, a greater or lesser amount may be authorized depending upon the risk level of the event, according to recognized insurance and risk management standards as determined by the City's Risk Management Department. The current effective insurance policy, along with necessary endorsements, shall be filed with the City's Risk Management Department. Proof of insurance in the form of a certificate of insurance must be provided before a Room Use Permit is approved. Permit form obtained from Risk Management. It should be understood that the insurance is provided for the benefit of the City and not as a duty, express or implied, to provide insurance protection for spectators or participants. For further assistance/information, contact the City's Risk Management Department, Liability Division, Civic Center Plaza 10, 1200 Third Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101-5939. Telephone number (619) 236-6670.
- No alcoholic beverages shall be served to any person under twenty-one years of age.
- The alcoholic beverage applicant shall remove all such beverages and empty bottles from the premises immediately following the approved function.
- An Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) Permit is not required to dispense alcoholic beverages provided they are dispensed completely without charge to participants. The Library may require that alcohol be dispensed only by a licensed caterer or bartender.An ABC Permit is required to sell alcoholic beverages. For further information/assistance, please contact State of California, Alcoholic Beverage Control Dept., 1350 Front Street, Rm. 5056, San Diego, CA 92101-4064. Telephone number (619) 524-4064.
- The City of San Diego shall assume the right to make policy changes as deemed necessary.
These rules supplement and incorporate D1-21-15 Meeting Rooms dated June 2005.
Departmental Instruction 21-15 APPENDIX C
Effective June 2005