Parents, Children & Technologies
Your child may come home from school or the library talking about using computers, connecting to the Internet, or doing research. What do they mean? What are these computers, and why are your children using them?
The San Diego Public Library wants to help you better understand the technologies being used by your children and how and why they are using them. In this part of the Web site you can learn...
- The meaning or definition of technology words your children may be using;
- What machines or hardware your children are using, and how they work;
- The general ways your children use hardware;
- How technologies may be used in different content areas;
- How technologies are used by teachers; or
- Some other uses students have for technologies.
Please select topics from the list and start to become familiar with children and technologies!