Independent Rates Oversight Committee (IROC)
The Independent Rates Oversight Committee (IROC) serves as an official advisory body to the Mayor and City Council on policy issues relating to the oversight of the City of San Diego's Public Utilities Department operations. This includes, but is not limited to, resource management, planned expenditures, service delivery methods, public awareness and outreach efforts, and high quality, affordable utility services. In addition, the IROC is established to assist the City in tracking and reviewing the use of rate proceeds to advance the capital improvements related to rate packages and work programs adopted by the City Council. It is the vision of the IROC that a high level of public confidence in the City of San Diego's utility services is maintained with services provided in the most cost effective way.
Full IROC meetings are held monthly, every 3rd Monday, at 9:30 a.m. Agendas are posted at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled meetings to meet the Brown Act requirements. Meeting Minutes are posted when approved.
Meeting location, unless otherwise posted on agenda:
MOC II/Auditorium, 9192 Topaz Way, San Diego, CA 92123
- Irene Stallard-Rodriguez, Single-Family Residential Ratepayer - Chair
- Donald Billings, Finance/Municipal Finance Professional - Vice Chair
- Craig Chapman, Construction Management Professional
- Christopher Dull, Construction Management Professional
- Gordon Hess, Temporary Irrigation and Construction Representative
- Jeff Justus, Environmental Science Professional
- Jack Kubota, Engineering Professional
- Tiffany Mittal, Multi Family Residential Ratepayer
- Jim Peugh, Environmental Professional
- Gail Welch, Commercial & Industrial Ratepayer
- Jim Peasley, Ex-Officio/Metropolitan Wastewater JPA Alternate
- Ken Williams, Ex-Officio/SDCWA City 10 Representative
- Yen Tu, Ex-Officio/SDCWA City 10 Representative, Alternate
For information on IROC duties, appointments, terms or composition, visit the City Clerk's IROC web page.
To view expiring terms or unscheduled vacancies, or to apply for a City Board or Commission such as IROC, visit the City Boards and Commissions web page.