Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Section
Map-related information for the water and sewer systems operated by the City of San Diego is available through the Asset Management Program, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Section of the Public Utilities Department.
Services provided to the public include:
- Publicly-available GIS data - Maps and data are available for viewing and download through the San Diego Geographic Information Source (SANGIS) web site.
- Water service connection locations - Identification of the location of the water service location at your property. However, we do not have information regarding where private water lines are located within your private property. For that information, you may want to contact a licensed plumber. See the Your Water Plumbing System web page for more details.
- Sewer lateral locations - Identification of the location of the sewer lateral to your property. Please note that it is the property owner's responsibility to maintain their private sewer lateral, all the way to the connection with the City's sewer main. See the Your Sewer Plumbing System web page for details.
- Water pressure calculation - Public Utilities can provide you with a calculated estimate of the water pressure range for your property. See the Water Pressure web page for more information.
- The GIS Section does not provide plans to the public . For copies of City of San Diego as-built construction plans, please call the Development Services Department- Records Section at 619-446-5200
- Phone: 619-527-7482 (For emergencies, please call 619-515-3525)
- Walk-in Customer Support: The GIS Section Office is located at 2797 Caminito Chollas in San Diego. Service hours are Monday through Thursday, from 1 to 4 p.m., and Friday, from 1 to 3:30 p.m.; closed on City holidays.
- San Diego Geographic Information Source (SANGIS) : 858-874-7000 or http://www.sangis.org
- Development Services Department - Records Section: 619-446-5200