Engineering Documents & References
All of the information presented on this page is for general information and use only. The listing is not exhaustive as some guidelines or standards may not have been listed here. These materials are being provided here only for the convenience of the users who may work with the City on its Public Works projects. Anyone making use of this information does so at his or her own risk, and assumes any and all liability resulting from such use.
Access Law Technical Information
- Detectable Warning Tiles Approved Materials List (.PDF version) (Microsoft Word version 40Mb)
- 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design
- Proposed Guidelines for Pedestrian Facilities in the Public Right-of-Way
- California Building Code (California Code of Regulations, Title 24)
- City Access Memos, Policies, and Standards
- Drainage Design Manual (.PDF)
- Flood Mitigation Plan
- Low Impact Development Design Manual (.PDF)
- Storm Water Standards
- Urban Runoff Management Plan
- Product Submittal Form (.PDF)
- Codes, Regulations and Requirements
- Standard Specifications
- Standard Drawings
- Regional Standard Drawings
- Consultant Standards for Preparation of PS&E (.PDF)
- Land Survey FAQ (.PDF)
- Geodetic Control Vertical Benchbook 2011 (.PDF)
- Vertical Bench Location (.KMZ) To open these files, Google Earth is required.
- City of San Diego Tie Point Sheets (PDF) (1 GB, Large File Size)
- Tie Point Index (.KMZ) 950 of 1853 Tie Point Sheets. Check for updates. To open these files, Google Earth is required.
- Record of Survey 14492 Data Sheets (.PDF)
- Technical Guidelines for Geotechnical Reports (.PDF)
- Landscape Plan Review, Regulations and Standards
Park & Recreation
- California Department of Transportation (CALTRANS) Load & Resistance Factor Design (LRFD): Visit the CALTRANS LRFD website for updated information.
- CALTRANS Highway Design Manual
- CCDC Streetscape Manual (.PDF: 12Mb)
- Traffic Control Forms, Requirements and Information
- Transportation Development