(Powered by BidsOnlineTM)
The City of San Diego is excited to launch its new e-procurement system, BidsOnlineTM, a fully automated web-based vendor registration and bid management system. In a phased approach, all formal City solicitations will be conducted through the new online system hosted by PlanetBids System (PB SystemTM). The new system will consolidate vendor registration for suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, consultants, manufacturers, distributors, and dealers (collectively, vendors) interested in providing goods and services, construction services, and consultant services to the City of San Diego. This new system is expected to improve the City of San Diego's overall procurement process.
Until further notice and for a smoother transition, the City will continue posting for:
- Goods and Services and Non-A&E Consulting Agreements on DemandStar
- Construction Contracts and A&E Consulting Agreements on eBidboard
Similarly, at a later date, registered vendors will receive additional announcements regarding the implementation of the other phases for BidsOnlineTM. At that time, registered vendors will also receive notice about the discontinuation of Demandstar and eBidboard.
Effective January 13, 2014 the City will begin using vendor registration (Phase 1) in BidsOnlineTM. BidsOnline (the City of San Diego's Vendor Portal) will consolidate the vendor registration function currently available through DemandStar and eBidboard.
When fully implemented, BidsOnlineTM will provide the following key features and benefits free of charge so that vendors may:
- Maintain a self-managed online vendor profile
- Search and download current solicitation documents such as attachments, planholders, addenda, and procurement results such as bid tabulations and awards
- Receive automatic e-mail notifications for solicitations based on product/service categories selected by the vendor
- Receive automatic addenda notification(s) as a planholder
- Ask questions about the solicitation and receive answers (Q&A) online
- Apply for consideration under the City's Contractors Prequalification Program
- Register with the City for providing goods and services under emergency procedures
Workshops and Webinars
For your convenience, the City of San Diego will host three vendor training workshops and three webinars on:
|Webinar||Wednesday, January 22, 2014||10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||Register|
|City of San Diego Facility||Wednesday February 5, 2014||Three Sessions Available:
||Balboa Park Recital Hall
2125 Park Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92101
|Webinar||Wednesday, February 12, 2014||10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||Register|
|Webinar||Wednesday, February 26, 2014||10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||Register|
Vendors are encouraged to attend a training workshop or webinar. City of San Diego staff from the Purchasing & Contracting Team and Public Works Contracting Group, as well as PlanetBids staff, will be present to answer questions.
Access to BidsOnlineTM
To access BidsOnlineTM, Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or higher (free download) must be installed.
- Vendor Portal (Non-ADA)
- Vendor Portal (ADA) - Selecting the accessibility mode will ensure that users of assistive technologies have full and equal access to all aspects of the website.
If you have any difficulty registering online or require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Technical Support personnel by clicking the Help link or by contacting PlanetBids at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions regarding BidsOnline please contact Kristina Peralta at email@example.com or (619) 236-6214.