Vendor Outreach Equal Opportunity
The goal of the City of San Diego Purchasing Division Equal Opportunity effort is to promote and foster business diversity and inclusiveness when providing bid and contracting opportunities with the City of San Diego. It is the policy of the City to assure equal opportunities are available for all business types including small, local, and emerging businesses.
- Participating at various business community functions such as monthly business association luncheons, yearly business to business conferences, and trade shows.
- Providing educational opportunities on doing business with the City through partnerships with City departments such as the Equal Opportunity Contracting and the Library.
- Distributing printed materials at various locations throughout the City and at the City Administration Building.
- Maintaining several web pages to help increase awareness for bid and contract opportunities with the City of San Diego.
- Bid & Contract Opportunities for Purchasing Includes a listing of bid opportunities and bid downloading capabilities.
- City Bulletin of Public Notices Lists all public notices required by law to be advertised including public hearings, construction, consultant, and material bid opportunities.
- Small Business Assistance Program Provides small businesses with resources and information concerning financial assistance, business development, and steps on starting a business.
- Equal Opportunity Contracting (EOC) Monitors participation on City contracts of socially and economically disadvantaged subcontractors and manages the Certification of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE).
- Contracting Opportunities Center (COC) Also known as the Procurement Technical Assistance Center, is a nonprofit organization funded by local government agencies and the Department of Defense.
- Centre City Development Corporation (CCDC) A public, non-profit corporation created by the City of San Diego to staff and implement Downtown redevelopment projects and programs.
- Other Local Jurisdictions Find business opportunities with other agencies.
- Printed brochures and flyers are located at various locations throughout the City and include valuable information about the Purchasing Division.