Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Qualcomm Stadium have ATM's?
- Where can I purchase merchandise?
- How can I get a taxi?
- Can I get transport to my seating area if I have a disability?
- Why are the lines so long to get into the stadium?
- What kind of bag can I carry into the stadium?
- What is the policy regarding beer sales?
- Is Tailgating allowed in the stadium parking lot?
- What time does the parking lot open for tailgating?
- What are the phone numbers for the San Diego Chargers, San Diego State University Aztecs and Holiday Bowl/Poinsettia Bowl?
- If I leave the stadium, can I come back in?
- What radio station is the game on?
- Where is "Lost and Found?"
- Where are the First Aid stations?
- Where are the designated driver booth locations?
- Whom do I contact about a broken seat?
- Why do the caps on plastic bottles have to be removed upon purchase?
- Are there any restaurants in the stadium?
- What is Qualcomm Stadium's smoking policy?
- Is it possible to purchase wine or spirits at the stadium?
- Where are the will call windows?
- What time do the gates open?
- Are there water fountains in the stadium?
- Are there baby changing facilities at the stadium?
- What is the address of Qualcomm Stadium?
- What should I do if a member of my group becomes lost?
Does Qualcomm Stadium have ATM's?
Yes, ATM's are located in the following locations: Field Level near Section 19; Plaza Level near Gate F; Club Level near Sections 15 and 27; and View Level near Section 20.
Where can I purchase merchandise?
Merchandise kiosks are located throughout the stadium. There are also two large stores located on the Plaza Level near Gates C and G.
How can I get a taxi?
The Taxi stand is located outside the Main Gate on San Diego Mission Road. Taxis are no longer allowed on- site.
Can I get a transport to my seating area if I have a disability?
Wheelchairs and attendants are available at the First Aid office near Gate F on the Plaza Level. A shuttle service is available in the parking lot for guests needing assistance. Please notify the nearest Ace Parking representative or call 619-285-9392 to request the shuttle service.
Why are the lines so long to get into the stadium?
Increased security procedures, such as pat downs during Charger and SDSU games, have caused congestion at the entrance gates. All fans are encouraged to enter the stadium at least 1 hour prior to kickoff.
What kind of bag can I carry into the stadium?
Beginning with preseason games, fans will be able to carry any of the following styles and size bag, package or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com), or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bag options however they are subject to inspection by stadium personnel.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, seat cushions, luggage of any kind, computer/camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
For more information, go to www.nfl.com/allclear
What is the policy regarding beer sales?
Qualcomm Stadium has a new alcohol sales policy. ALL guests, regardless of age, must show a valid ID for every alcohol purchase.
- Chargers, SDSU, Bowl Games: A two-drink limit per transaction until the start of third quarter. After the third quarter begins, one-drink limit per transaction. No alcohol will be sold in the fourth quarter. During the Chargers-Raiders games, there is a one-drink limit per transaction and all alcohol sales will be eliminated following halftime.
- Other Events: Two alcoholic beverages per transaction (end time TBD). Management reserves the right to suspend alcohol sales at any time during an event.
Is Tailgating allowed in the stadium parking lot?
Tailgating is allowed ONLY in your own parking space. Persons who interfere or block other parking spaces may be cited. Caterers and parties furnishing a keg of any type require either a Catering Permit or Keg Permit and proof of liability insurance. Please contact Stadium Management at 619-641-3100. For onsite catering, please contact Kimberly Kozar with Centerplate Catering at 619-641-6004. To reserve a large tailgating space during Charger or SDSU games, contact 619-285-9392 or if you prefer, please email ryan_ firstname.lastname@example.org.
What time does the parking lot open for tailgating?
Parking lot opens four hours prior to events. Five hours before for Poinsettia Bowl and Holiday Bowl.
What are the phone numbers for the San Diego Chargers, San Diego State University Aztecs and Holiday Bowl/Poinsettia Bowl?
- Chargers: 858-874-4500
- SDSU: 619-594-7892
- Holiday Bowl/Poinsettia Bowl: 619-283-5808
- Stadium Administration: 619-641-3100
If I leave the stadium, can I come back in?
Due to security concerns exit and re-entry is prohibited at all events.
What radio station is the game on?
- Chargers: Rock 105.3 FM, In Spanish 107.3 FM
- SDSU: AM 600 KOGO
Where is "Lost and Found?"
Lost and found is located at the Guest Services office, located on the Plaza Level between Gates F and G. Non-game day Lost & Found is located in the Stadium Security office at Gate A. You may also call 619-641-3150.
Where are the First Aid stations?
First Aid is located on the Plaza Level between Gates F and G. An aid station is also located on the Plaza Level at Gate N. Emergency response teams are also posted throughout the stadium.
Where are the designated driver booth locations?
Designated driver booths are available for most events on the Plaza Level near Elevators 1, 2 and 4 and near Stairway B.
Who do I contact about a broken seat?
During an event, you should contact the nearest usher. If you would like to report a broken seat after an event, you can email the stadium maintenance crew at email@example.com or you can call 619-641-3100.
Why do the caps on plastic bottles have to be removed upon purchase?
This is a safety issue. If a plastic bottle is thrown with the cap off, some or most of the liquid will escape making the bottle lighter and less dangerous.
Are there any restaurants in the stadium?
Yes, Murphy's Bar and Restaurant is open to the public and is located on the Plaza Level near Gate F. The Endzone Club is also open to the public and is located on the Loge Level near Section 21 for reservations call 619-641-6033.
What is Qualcomm Stadium's smoking policy?
The stadium is 100% smoke-free. Smoking in the stadium is a violation of the City of San Diego's Municipal Code and may result in ejection or citation.
Is it possible to purchase wine or spirits at the stadium?
Yes. Wine and mixed drinks are available throughout the stadium.
Where are the will call windows?
Will call for Charger general admission tickets is at Gate C. Luxury seat ticket will call for Charger games is located at Gate A.
Will call for SDSU games is located at Gate E.
Will call for all other events is located at Gate F.
What time do the gates open?
Gates open two hours prior to the start of most events. Except Charger games, gates open one and one-half hours prior to kickoff.
Are there water fountains in the stadium?
Water fountains are located near each restroom.
Are there baby-changing facilities at the stadium?
Diaper changing tables are located in most of the women's and men's restrooms throughout the stadium.
What is the address of Qualcomm Stadium?
9449 Friars Road San Diego, CA 92108
What should I do if a member of my group becomes lost?
You should contact a guest services representative and give a detailed description of the missing person. Stadium staff will then radio the description to all other employees.
Children should always keep their game ticket in their pockets. Doing so will expedite reuniting lost children and their parents or guardians. If your child becomes lost, see an event staff member immediately and provide a detailed description of the child so that he/she may be found quickly.