Storm Water Guide for Land Development
- Storm Water Guide for Land Development Home
- Determining Which Requirements Apply
- Familiarizing Yourself with the Requirements
- Regulatory Documents
- Designing Your Project for Compliance
- Routing Your Project for Review or Approvals
- Constructing Your Project
The documents listed below are intended to provide clarity on what is required under State and local law.
City of San Diego Regulations
- City of San Diego Storm Water Standards (PDF) - These are considered a part of the Land Development Manual and therefore are requirements under the Land Development Code.
Regional Documents Approved by the San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Board
- Regional Model SUSMP - the guiding document for all development projects in the region.
- Regional Hydromodification Management Plan (HMP) - the guiding document for controlling runoff flow rates and durations.
Municipal Storm Water Permits
- San Diego Municipal Storm Water Permit R9-2007-001 (PDF) - The requirements for land development and construction apply until new requirements are issued locally under the 2013 permit.
- San Diego Regional Municipal Storm Water Permit R9-2013-0001 (PDF) - Requirements will take effect in 2015 and will supercede those under the 2007 permit.