Utility Undergrounding Advisory Committee
On February 12, 2014 City Council approved Resolution R-308721 under Charter Section 43(b) to establish a Utility Undergrounding Advisory Committee to advise the City Council on (1) how the City may better implement the Program to minimize community concerns related to the installation of utility equipment, including above ground utility boxes, while undertaking undergrounding projects, and (2) how the City, community, and utility companies could improve communication in implementing the goals of the Program. The committee is composed of 14 members, with seven nominated by Councilmembers, appointed by the Council President and confirmed by City Council; and seven members from the private utility companies with two representatives to be designated by San Diego Gas & Electric, Cox Communications, and AT&T, and with one representative to be designated by Time Warner Cable.
Meetings and Agendas
Committee meetings are held the third Friday of the month from 8 am - 10 am at the following address:
City Administration Building
Committee Chambers (12th Floor)
202 C Street
San Diego, CA 92101
- Utility Undergrounding Advisory Committee Meeting Agenda - June 20, 2014 (PDF)
- June 20, 2014 Minutes (PDF)
- Utility Undergrounding Advisory Committee Meeting Agenda - July 18, 2014 (PDF)
- July 18, 2014 Minutes (PDF)
- Utility Undergrounding Advisory Committee Meeting Agenda - August 15, 2014 (PDF)
- August 15, 2014 Minutes (PDF)
- Utility Undergrounding Advisory Committee Meeting Agenda - September 19, 2014 (PDF)
For more information about the Utility Undergrounding Advisory Committee, please contact Council District 3 Representative, Molly Chase at (619)-236-6633 or via email at MChase@sandiego.gov or Council District 9 Representative, Ralph Dimaricut at (619)-236-7042 or via email at Dimarucutr@sandiego.gov.