Internal Support Services
There are numerous volunteer opportunities throughout multiple City departments including the following:
- Office of the City Attorney: Volunteers consist of law library assistants, attorneys, legal interns supporting civil litigation, investigative interns in partnership with SDSUís Criminal Justice Program, and interns supporting paralegal and administrative activities. The departmentís majority of volunteers are attorneys in the Criminal Division who are seeking experience in criminal prosecution of misdemeanors and community justice.
- Office of the City Clerk: The City Clerk manages volunteers who support data entry of archival or inactive materials, prepare and shred eligible confidential materials, assist with folders following imaging, and help prepare photos of Mayoral artifacts to be uploaded to the Cityís web site.
- Development Services: The department is supported by several hundred volunteers that serve as members on various community planning boards and commissions throughout the City.
- Public Utilities: Cityís reservoir volunteers assist with litter abatement and general upkeep of the facilities in partnership with I Love A Clean San Diego and the Friends of Lake Murray.Hunt Master volunteers assist Lake Sutherland Reservoir employees with event day support by providing participation rules and locations for seasonal wild turkey hunts.
- Public Works: Volunteers assist Engineers with special assignments related to Right of Way and Architectural Engineering and Parks activities engaged in a variety of activities including research of capital improvement projects, financial reports, and records filing.