Waste No Water Information and Resources
Drought Alert: Mandatory Water Use Restrictions
The City enacted its Drought Alert mandatory water use restrictions on November 1, 2014, in response to serious drought conditions statewide. These restrictions remain in effect at this time and the City is asking residents to be sure to abide by these important rules, designed to reduce water consumption in these types of severe drought conditions. Click here to read all water use restrictions currently in place.
UPDATE: Due to high interest, funding for the grass replacement and micro-irrigation rebate programs has been exhausted. Additional City funding will be available soon, and rebates will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. New Rebate Program Guidelines are being developed. Please check back soon for program updates.
Rain barrel rebates are still available. Please check the SoCal Water$mart Rebates for information on other rebates offered.
- Water-Wise Business Survey Program
- Commercial Landscape Survey Program
- Graywater Information
- Guaranteed Water Program
- Kids Water Conservation Corner and Poster Contest
- Landscape Watering Calculator
- Model Landscape Ordinance (AB 1881) Information
- Plumbing Retrofit Upon Re-Sale Ordinance
- Rainwater Harvesting Information
- Residential Water Survey Program
- Water Conservation Film Contest
- Water Conservation Tips
- Sunset Magazine's "Easy Water-Wise Gardening"(PDF)
Copyright Notice: Website display by expressed permission of Sunset Publishing Corporation. No other rights to publish, reproduce or transfer any part of "Easy Water-Wise Gardening" are hereby granted. All rights reserved. The rights granted are only to display via website, www.sandiego.gov/water/ and that all other rights are reserved to Sunset.
- Water Conservation Garden
- Be Water Wise, Metropolitan Water District and The Family of So. Calif. Water Agencies
- Save Our Water Program
- California Invasive Plant Council
- California Landscape Contractors Association Water Management Conservation Program
- Keep it in the Garden: (PDF) Protect California's Natural Habitats Brochure, courtesy of the U.C. Cooperative Extension.
- Learn how to have a Water Saver Home, courtesy of the California Urban Water Conservation Council(requires Macromedia Flash player)
- The Nifty Fifty (PDF) Plants for California Friendly Landscapes
- Water: H2O=Life, American Museum of Natural History
- Water Education Foundation's Conservation Tips
- WaterSense at Work: Best Management Practices for Commercial and Institutional Facilities