Micro Irrigation Rebate Rules
IMPORTANT: A pre-site inspection is required prior to starting your project. Projects already started are disqualified. Retroactive rebates are not available.
- City of San Diego Public Utilities Department residential customers served by an individual water meter may receive up to a $0.30 per square foot rebate in grass replacement areas and in existing flower, shrub and vegetable beds
- Rebate limit is up to 3,000 square feet and $900 per site, with a minimum conversion of 400 square feet.
- City of San Diego Public Utilities Department customers served by a commercial, irrigation or multi-family water meter can receive a rebate. This also includes HOAs.
- You may receive a rebate of up to $0.30 per square foot for converting a qualifying existing overhead spray sprinkler system to low application rate micro-irrigation in grass replacement areas and in existing flower, shrub and vegetable beds.
- Rebate limit is up to 8,000 square feet and $2,400 per site, with a minimum conversion of 1,000 square feet.
All projects must be completed within 120 days of City-designated start date.
IMPORTANT: First read through the City of San Diego Micro Irrigation Rebate Guidelines (PDF)
Micro-Irrigation Photos (PDF)
Plant Coverage Worksheet (PDF)