Enhanced rebates up to $0.30 per square foot!
Did you know that 50% of the water consumed by most households is used to maintain landscapes and lawns?
As a City of San Diego residential or commercial customer, you may qualify to receive up to a $0.30 per square foot rebate to replace your existing overhead spray sprinkler system with micro-irrigation (i.e. micro-spray, drip, in-line emitters, etc.).
The objective of the microirrigation rebate is to encourage the conversion of conventional overhead sprinklers to micro or drip irrigation in grass replacement project areas and in existing flower, shrub and vegetable beds. A conversion to micro irrigation can save up to 9 gallons of water annually for each square foot of irrigated area converted.
Micro Irrigation Rebate Rules
IMPORTANT: A pre-site inspection is required prior to starting your project. Projects already started are disqualified. Retroactive rebates are not available.
- City of San Diego Public Utilities Department residential customers served by an individual water meter may receive up to a $0.30 per square foot rebate in grass replacement areas and in existing flower, shrub and vegetable beds
- Rebate limit is up to 3,000 square feet and $900 per site, with a minimum conversion of 400 square feet.
- City of San Diego Public Utilities Department customers served by a commercial, irrigation or multi-family water meter can receive a rebate. This also includes HOAs.
- You may receive a rebate of up to $0.30 per square foot for converting a qualifying existing overhead spray sprinkler system to low application rate micro-irrigation in grass replacement areas and in existing flower, shrub and vegetable beds.
- Rebate limit is up to 8,000 square feet and $2,400 per site, with a minimum conversion of 1,000 square feet.
All projects must be completed within 120 days of City-designated start date.
IMPORTANT: First read through the City of San Diego Micro Irrigation Rebate Guidelines (PDF)
Micro-Irrigation Photos (PDF)
Plant Coverage Worksheet (PDF)