Daily Permits and Fees
At El Capitan, each person (age 8 or older) entering lake property (even if not fishing or skiing) is charged a daily recreational use fee and launch fee (if launching a boat other than a kayak). On Sundays (water-contact-only day) that would be the water-contact fee (see fees below).
Please see What's New for days and hours of operation.
Adults - $8.00
Youth (age 8-15) - $2.50
Senior (65 or older) - $4.00
Children 7 & under - free
Private Boat Launch - $7.00
Private Kayaks (single) with one person (all or part of day) - $2.00 (except at El Capitan*)
Private Kayaks (double) with one or two persons (all or part of day) - $7.00
Private Canoes - $7.00
* (at El Capitan there is a per person charge of $8.00 for adults or $2.50 for children 8-15 years of age with no additional charge to launch a private kayak)
State Fishing License (effective 1/1/14)
(Annual) $46.44 - (Two-Day) $23.25 - (One-Day) $14.86
(call concession to check for availability.)
Water Contact - El Capitan only
Personal watercraft (jetskis, etc.), wakeboarding, waterskiing, tubing, kneeboarding
Adults - $10.00
Youth (age 8-15) - $5.00
Rowboat and Blind Reservation - $20.00
Hunting Permit (Adult) - $10.00
Hunting Permit (Youth 8-15 years of age) - $5.00
Rowboat and Blind Reservation - $40.00
Hunting Permit (Adult) - $20.00
Hunting Permit (Youth 8-15 years of age) - $10.00
- Seasons, fees and operating schedules may be subject to change.
- Reservoirs are open from sunrise to sunset on operating days only and are closed otherwise.
- In addition to a daily City recreation permit a State fishing license or State hunting license is required as appropriate.
- In addition to the Rules and Regulations posted at each reservoir all State and Federal regulations must be observed at all times.
- For your convenience a recorded message detailing current activities, schedules, fishing and hunting results is available at all times by calling619-465-3474 (465-FISH).
- Inquiries regarding overnight accommodations and other visitor services/activities should be directed to the San Diego Tourism Authority 619-236-1212.
- Campgrounds and related information are provided by County 858-565-3600, State 619-220-5422 and Federal 619-673-6180 agencies.
- Information on State licenses, limits and regulations is available from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife 858-467-4201.