Water-Skiing / Wakeboarding
Waterskiing / wakeboarding and towing of inflatables is offered at only one reservoir in San Diego County: El Capitan Reservoir. See What's New for the current schedule. Only three-person personal watercrafts may tow skiers.
- General direction of all vessels is counterclockwise.
- Maximum speed limit is 35 mph.
- All vessels towing a skier must have an observer 12 years of age or older.
- Coast Guard approved life preservers must be worn by all skiers.
- Skis, kneeboards and similar devices are permitted. Inflatable and towed devices may be used in any ski zone. Use of a quick release device is recommended.
Dogs are NOT permitted on any boats (rental or private). Dogs must be kept on a leash and at least 50 feet away from the water.
Each person (8 or older) entering reservoir property must purchase a daily use permit, which is non-transferrable. See Permits & Fees (daily) for prices.
Each boat also needs a private boat use permit. All permits are available from reservoir staff at permit booth or boat dock, or from the electronic pay station or iron ranger pay station.