Specific hours within the City of San Diego on September 5:
- All City pools will be open from noon to 4 p.m.
- Chollas Lake will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Golf courses and starter booths will be open normal hours. Holiday rates will apply.
- Most cultural attractions in Balboa Park will be open, including museums and outdoor gardens. All public buildings in the park will be closed including: Balboa Park Activity Center, Botanical Building, Casa del Prado, Municipal Gym and War Memorial Building. Visit balboapark.org for more information on hours of operation.
- Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor Center will be open with normal hours.
- The Robb Field Skate Park (Ocean Beach), Rancho Peñasquitos Skate Park, Carmel Valley Skate Park, Bill and Maxine Wilson Skate Park (702 South 30th St.), and the Charles L. Lewis III Memorial Skate Park (6610 Potomac St.) will be open on Monday, September 5, 2016.
- The City’s Miramar Landfill will be open on its normal schedule, from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Self-haul customers not allowed after 4 p.m.)
- Parking meters, time restrictions for parking on streets and yellow zones within the City of San Diego will not be enforced. Red, white and blue zones are still enforced every day. Parking rules on Port property and in different cities may vary so please read signage provided.
Specific closures within the City on Monday, September 5, 2016:
- All Administrative Offices will be closed.
- All City recreation centers will be closed.
- All libraries will be closed.
- The Testing, Employment Information Center and Background/Fingerprinting offices within the Personnel Department will be closed.
- The Family Justice Center will be closed. Individuals needing help with domestic violence should call 9-1-1 and/or the Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-888-385-4657.
- Tecolote Nature Center will be closed.
- Open Space and Maintenance Assessment District Offices will be closed.
- There will be a one-day delay in trash, yard waste and curbside recyclables collection for customers served by the Environmental Services Department beginning Monday, Sept. 5, 2016. For example, Monday’s collection will occur on Tuesday, Tuesday's collection will occur on Wednesday and so forth.
- Trash and recyclables collection will return to its normal schedule Monday, Sept. 12, 2016. This schedule is for the City of San Diego only. Residents in other cities should check with their waste hauler for holiday service schedules.
- The City’s “refuse/recyclables” container sales office on Miramar Place will be closed.
- Police and Fire emergency crews will not be impacted.
- Station 38 (citywide emergency dispatch center) will be on duty.