Zoning and Land Use
The San Diego Municipal Code Land Development Code regulates the use and development of land throughout the city of San Diego.:
The uses that can be permitted on your property depend on the zone designation. To determine the uses permitted in a particular area, please contact the Development Services Department at (619) 446-5000. The following are issues routinely requested to be investigated by Code Enforcement Land Development Investigators:
- Home Occupations - Regulations for the operation of a business out of a residence.
- Auto Repair - Restrictions on auto repair in residential zones.
- Garage Conversions - Information on converting garages into habitable spaces.
- Alcoholic Beverage on Billboards - Information on restrictions for alcoholic beverage advertisement.
- Illegal Grading - Information regarding illegal grading.
For other questions or concerns, call (619) 236-5500 or email [email protected]