Office of the City Clerk
(1) Provide advice and recommendations directly to the Mayor, City Council and City Manager on all policy issues relating to urban forestry.
(2) Advocate and formulate proactive urban forestry policies, ordinances and guidelines.
(3) Prepare a recommended comprehensive urban forestry master plan and conduct a tree inventory.
(4) Review and comment the coordination of urban forestry related policies and programs.
(5) Network with other boards, agencies and community residents.
(6) Act as a general information resource and promote volunteerism.
(7) Review and comment on the implementation and compliance with urban forestry policies and programs.
(8) Promote and seek funding for the establishment and sustaining of an urban forestry program.
(9) Promote and foster a strong sense of community through urban forestry.
Fifteen (15) members shall be appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council.
The members shall serve three (3) year terms and each member shall serve until a successor is duly appointed and confirmed. The members shall be appointed such that the terms of not more than five (5) shall expire in any year. The expiration date of all terms shall be Dec. 31.
The Mayor shall appoint one (1) member who shall be designated as Chair and nine (9) members, one each from a list of two (2) nominations submitted by each Councilmember to represent their district. Additionally, the Mayor shall appoint five (5) members who shall be a Landscape Architect; a Certified Arborist/Urban Forester; a Horticulturist/Nursery Industry representative; a representative from a non-profit organization or governmental agency involved with forestry; and an Artist. During January of each year, the Mayor may designate one (1) member as Chair; however, in the absence of such designation, the Board shall on or after Feb. 15, select a Chairperson from among its members. Any vacancy shall be filled for the unexpired term of the member whose place becomes vacant. The Board shall adopt rules consistent with the law for the government of its business and procedures.
San Diego Municipal Code "Chapter 2, Article 6, Division 5 amended by Ordinance O-20178, on 7/5/2012; San Diego Municipal Code sections 26.0501 and 26.0502 amended by Ordinance O-19119, on Nov. 12, 2002; San Diego Municipal Code, Chapter 2, Article 6, amended by adding Division 5, Sections 26.0501, 26.0502 and 26.0503 by Ordinance O-18609 N.S.on Jan. 11, 1999.