Community Reinvestment Review Advisory Committee
Monitor and assess compliance by each participating financial institution with its Community Reinvestment Plan and report annually to the City Council and City Treasurer as provided in the Responsible Banking Ordinance ( (Chapter 2, Article 2, Division 39 of the SD Municipal Code) . The Committee's report shall include a recommendation as to which institutions have acted in compliance with their Community Reinvestment Plans. The Community Reinvestment Review Advisory Committee shall have no managerial, financial or budgetary authority.
Appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council.
Members shall serve four year terms and shall serve until a successor is duly appointed and confirmed. No member shall serve more than two consecutive terms. Initial members shall be appointed such that the terms of not more than four such terms shall expire in any year so as to allow the members' terms to be staggered. For the initial appointments, three members shall be appointed to an initial term that will expire June 30, 2014; and four members shall be appointed to an initial term that will expire June 30, 2016. Member whose initial appointments are less than the full term of four years will be allowed to serve their partial term and then two full terms. The expiration date of all terms shall be June 30.
Seven (7) members with the following qualifications:
- One (1) member who represents the San Diego small business community;
- One (1) member who represents the San Diego large business community;
- One (1) member who represents a community based organization whose principal purpose is community development;
- One (1) member who represents a community housing development organization;
- One (1) member who represents a community based organization whose principal purpose is economic development;
- One (1) member with experience in banking, including experience in small business and consumer lending; and
- One (1) member at-large.
Ordinance O-20200 , adopted 10/10/2013; San Diego Municipal Code Chapter 2, Article 6, Division 23 (PDF).