Schedule an Appointment: (619) 533-4050. This is the only way to guarantee you will be seen.
Limited Walk-In Service*: 9:00-10:00 a.m. ONLY, Tuesday-Thursday. First come, first served.
Note: This service will NOT be available on 03/19/2014, 04/23/2014 or 05/21/2014.
*Walk-in Service not available on days of Naturalization Ceremonies. Call in advance to confirm availability.
For the latest information on how to apply for a passport, and for current passport processing times, please be sure to check the Passport Agency website.
You may pick up an application at the Clerk’s Passport Services Office, or download the form from the Passport Agency’s website: Passport Application DS-11. The form must be completed, but not signed, prior to arriving for your appointment.
Schedule an Appointment
Call the City Clerk's Passport Services Line at (619) 533-4050.
City Administration Building
202 C Street
The Passport Services Office is open by appointment only, Monday-Friday from 9 am – 4 pm (excluding holidays). Special hours may be scheduled periodically.
Last applicant will be scheduled 15 minutes before the Passport Services Office closes.
Please Come Prepared
Bring these six items with you to your appointment:
- In black ink, a completed, UNSIGNED application.
You must sign the application in front of the passport agent.
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship.
All documents must be originals.
- Original or certified copy of birth certificate, OR
- Previous U.S. passport*, OR
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth, OR
- Naturalization Certificate, OR
- Certificate of Citizenship
Submit a photocopy showing the front and back of the original Identification document presented. Copy must be one-sided on plain white, 8-1/2”x11” standard paper.
- Current, valid driver’s license
- Government ID: city, state or federal
- Military ID: military and dependents
- Passport Photos
- Photo Service is available from the City Clerk for $10, OR
- Bring one (1) color passport photo, 2”x2” in size, taken within the past six (6) months. Please check the Passport Agency website for further requirements regarding photos.
- and 6. Payments
The City Clerk accepts personal checks or money orders only. No cash, credit or debit cards are accepted.
- Two payments are required: one made payable to Department of State, and one made payable to City Treasurer.
- Both payments must be made either with a personal check, or with a money order.
Go to Passport Fees on the current U.S. Department of State fee schedule.
For most renewals, you do not need to appear in person.
You can renew by mail if:
- Your most recent passport is available to submit and it is not damaged;
- You received the passport within the past 15 years;
- You were over age 16 when it was issued;
- You still have the same name, or can legally document your name-change
If your passport has been altered or damaged, you cannot apply by mail. You must apply in person.