Service Requests

As your San Diego Councilmember, it is my goal to provide safe neighborhoods and empower people to improve their quality of life. The links on this page can help. If you still need my assistance, please contact my office at (619) 236-6699.

Public Safety Services

If you have an emergency, dial 9-1-1.

Service Phone Number Contact Online
Police (Non-Emergency): (858) 484-3154 or (619) 531-2000 Submit a police report online
Fire (Non-Emergency): (619) 533-4300 Ask a fire question online
Lifeguard (Non-Emergency): (619) 221-8899 Lifeguard questions and concerns
Police Patrol Request and Complaints: (858) 484-3154 or (619) 531-2000 Submit a Police Partol request

Neighborhood Services

Service Phone Number Contact Online
Graffiti Hotline: (619) 525-8522 Report graffiti online
Code Enforcement:
Services include building code violations, zoning
violations and illegal constructions
(619) 236-5500 Request a code compliance investigation
Sewer Emergency Hotline:
Report a sewer spill, bad sewer odor, leak, meter
leak or pressure problem.
(619) 515-3525 Additional sewer emergency contact info
Traffic Service Request:
Report an incorrect traffic sign, request a new street sign,
traffic signal or new street stripping or curb color painting.
(619) 533-3126 Submit a traffic service request online
Street Division Service Request:
Report a damaged, missing or faded sign, report a guardrail,
sidewalk or existing structure in need of repair,
or request curb re-painting.
(619) 527-7500 Submit a street division service request online
Potholes: (619) 527-7500 Report a pothole online

Health and Trash Services

Service Phone Number Contact Online
Trash Service Requests:
Report missing trash collection or trash spills, report
scavenging, report containers/dumpsters left after
collection hours, report dead animal on public rights-of-way.
(858) 694-7000 Submit a trash service request online
Inoperable Vehicle Report:
Report an inoperable vehicle on private property
visible from the street or alley.
(619) 531-2000
or (858) 484-3154
Submit an inoperable vehicle report online
72-hour Abandoned Vehicle Complaint:
Report a vehicle that has been parked at the same location
on the street for more than 3 days.
(619) 531-2000
or (858) 484-3154
Submit an abandoned vehicle complaint online

Additional Services

Access the Citizen Services Directory to make requests and navigate available services not listed above. You can also access Services A-Z for a complete listing of services provided by the city.

Public Safety and Neighborhood Services

For more information about city services and what I?m doing to improve them, visit the Public Safety and Neighborhood Safety Committee website. You can even access future meeting dates, as well as previous memos and reports.

Other Local Jurisdictions Providing Services to City Residents

County of San Diego
Animal Regulations, Arrest Records, Birth, Death, Divorce and Marriage Records, Health Services, Property Tax, Smoking Violations

Metropolitan Transit System
Bus, trolley and commuter rail services

Port of San Diego
Maritime services, San Diego Bay Harbor Patrol

San Diego Unified School District
Public schools within the City of San Diego