The Internal Controls Section is a group within the Comptroller's Office that serves as the City's principal oversight and monitoring function for Internal Controls over Financial Reporting.
Internal Controls Section Activities
- Facilitation of design, review and publication of Process Control Narratives and Workflows.
- Identification of process gaps, control weaknesses, and potential organizational inefficiencies.
- Design and execution of manual and automated control testing.
- Support remediation efforts and reporting of completed audit recommendations to internal and external audit organizations.
- Conducts continuous review of all SAP role assignments citywide for segregation of duty violations.
- Development, application and monitoring of mitigating controls to support Internal Controls over Financial Reporting objectives.
- Provision of functional and technical expertise to City departments through partnerships.