Balboa Park December Nights
There's a reason 350,000 people kick off their holidays with December Nights. From ballet and banjos to parades and puppetry, the holiday entertainment is top-notch and non-stop.
Talk about the spirit of giving: the museums of Balboa Park open their doors for free admission during December Nights.
Enjoy free admission to the Balboa Park Museums!
5 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday (12/1) and Saturday (12/2)
- The Timken Museum’s Christmas tree display of the Schlappi Christmas ornaments
- Hands-on exhibits at the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
Family owned and operated, the San Diego County based Christiansen Amusements is bringing 14 fun and amazing rides to the event this year to thrill everyone in the family, including:
- the classic giant Carousel that all ages can ride
- the most feared and exhilarating Kamikaze that will spin you and take the fun over the top
- feel what its like to hang-glide over California with Cliff Hanger
- the new Top Spin will spin you like its name states, putting you in a spun state
- see all of our rides at www.Amusements.com
Also, we bring an amazing light display with the all new rainbow color changing LED lights. You can smell all of the good things we have to offer in our candy wagon from the fresh hot funnel cakes to our infamous cotton candy they will keep everyone having fun. Games for everyone with a winner every time for the littlest players so everyone has fun at the games.
NEW! – This fun and exciting area is the new home of the December Nights Zipline, where you will zip through the trees while experiencing a full panorama of San Diego’s Downtown Skyline. Joining the December Nights Zipline in the NEW Activity Zone will be the Food Trucks, Music, Specialty Retail, Ultimate Bungee, Coconut Tree Climb, Zorb Balls and the Rainbow Extreme Obstacle Course.
December Nights takes “merry and bright” seriously, creating spectacular displays of lights throughout Balboa Park. It’s hard to pick favorites, but…
"Can't miss" highlights include:
- The California Tower, in Plaza de Panama
- The Plaza de Panama canopy
- The Moreton Bay Fig Tree
- The Botanical Building
What's your favorite? Hashtag it on social using #DecemberNights2017