San Diego

Accessibility Tools

General/Miscellaneous FAQs

What is the Cross Connection Control?

A cross connection is any unprotected actual or potential connection or structural arrangement between a public or a consumer’s potable water system and any other source. PDF icon Read more - Cross-Connection Control.

How do I know if I need to report hazardous materials?

There are several guidelines to follow when determining whether or not to report hazardous materials. PDF icon Read more - Hazardous Materials.

What if my project involves processing or handling of solid waste (trash, compost production, scrap tires, construction and demolition debris, etc.) do I need any additional permits?

Contact the City of San Diego Solid Waste Local Enforcement Agency (LEA) to determine whether or not your project might need a solid waste facility permit in accordance with State Solid Waste Regulations. Contact Bill Prinz, Program Manager at 619-533-3696 for more information.

Is the Solid Waste Local Enforcement Agency (LEA) a City agency or a State agency?

The LEA is responsible for implementing State solid waste regulations within the City of San Diego. Its responsibilities include inspection of solid waste facilities and the issuance of solid waste facility permits in accordance with state solid waste regulations. In 1997 the City Council designated the LEA to be housed in the Development Services Department. In 1998 the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle)* certified the Solid Waste Local Enforcement Agency to implement state solid waste regulations within the City. LEA funding comes through locally collected fees (see PDF icon San Diego Municipal Code 66.0501, ff) and is supplemented through CalRecycle grants to assist in enforcement of State regulations. LEA staff are City employees.

*formerly known as the California Integrated Waste Management Board (CIWMB).

How can I know if my project is located near an active or closed solid waste disposal site, active facility or burn ash site and subject to additional requirements from the Solid Waste Local Enforcement Agency (LEA)?

If you have questions about this issue, the City's GIS database has identified the locations of all known solid waste disposal sites and facilities within City Limits and DSD staff may be helpful in identifying these locations. If you have specific questions or concerns regarding solid waste sites contact Bill Prinz, LEA Program Manager at 619-533-3696.

How do I obtain public noticing information?

A Public Notice Package is required for all actions requiring a Notice of Future Decision, Notice of Application or a Notice of Public Hearing. PDF icon Read more - Public Noticing Information .

What is a preliminary review?

A preliminary review helps you obtain the answers that you need to determine the feasibility of your development of your project and to be successful in submitting the project for review. PDF icon Read more - Preliminary Review

How do I apply for a lot line adjustment or consolidation?

A lot line adjustment provides a simple process by which owners of real property can change the ownership boundaries between lots of different adjoining owners, or multiple parcels within a single ownership. PDF icon Read more - Lot Line Adjustment or Lot Consolidation .

How do I obtain project management with Community Planning Groups?

There are several guidelines outlining the role of the Project Manager and Community Planning Committee for the City of San Diego’s development review process. PDF icon Read more - community planning committees


You must have Javascript enabled to use this form.