Requirements Checklist for Certificates of Occupancy
Please note: Development Services does not issue certificates of occupancy on Single Family Homes.
Certificate of Occupancy can be issued only after the following items have been inspected and signed off:
- Backflow/Cross connection control
- Mitigation Monitoring Coordination
Once the above items are approved, the following items are also required in order to obtain your Certificate of Occupancy.
- A copy of the signed Inspection Record Card
- Verification that the building shell has been finalized.
- Application submitted to the Inspections office for the issuance of the Certificate.
- Pending final approval from the Building Inspector, the Building Official will release the appropriate utilities.
- Certificate of Occupancy permit is not an approval for construction.
Here are some helpful phone numbers to get the approvals you need to obtain your Certificate of Occupancy:
Building Inspection - (858) 492-5070
Inspection - (858) 581-7111
Fax Number - (858) 492-5098