More Useful Resources
- Decision Makers
- Development Processes & Procedures
- Development Specifications and Handouts
- Construction Tips
- Zoning Information
- Community Related Information
- Other Departments and Agencies
- Other Resources
- California Codes
- Municipal Code
- City of San Diego Subdivision Procedures
- Coastal Regulation
- Codes, Regulations, Requirements
- Environmentally Sensitive Land Regulations
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) - Statutes, guidelines and other information from the State of California on the law governing environmental review.
- City of San Diego Implementation Procedures for the California Environmental Quality Act and the State CEQA Guidelines
- California Subdivision Map Act
- Solid Waste Local Enforcement Agency (LEA)
- Fire Safety Information
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention
- Unreinforced Masonry
Development Processes and Procedures
- Submittal Manual
- Land Development Manual
- Development Review Process
- Development Project Managers (DPM)
- Condominium Conversions Info
- Design Guidelines and Templates
Development Specifications and Handouts
- Information Bulletins
Free publications that provide fees, technical instruction, policies and/or procedures.
- "Virtual DPI"
A Visual Guide to Information Bulletins.
- Building Newsletters
Interpretations and applications of the 1994 and 1998 California Building Code as adopted by the City of San Diego.
Community Related Information
- Affordable Housing/Expedite Program
- Multiple Species Conservation Program (MSCP) - Information on the city's effort to preserve the environment.
Other Departments and Agencies
Focus on land use and policy plans for more specific geographic areas.
- Redevelopment Agency - Details on redevelopment agencies in the City of San Diego.
- San Diego Economic Development Corporation - Partners for Economic Prosperity.
- County Department of Planning and Development Services - The County's Department of Planning and Development Services is the reviewing agency for the unincorporated areas of San Diego County.
- Naval Training Center - Information on the transformation from a military base to an urban village.
- Sustainable Buildings Industry Council (SBIC) - A nonprofit organization whose mission is to advance the design, affordability, energy performance, and environmental soundness of residential, institutional, and commercial buildings nationwide
- California Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA) - Bringing together Californians to forge a better future
- Building Standards Commission
- Official California Legislative Information
- California's Energy Efficiency Standards for Residential and Nonresidential Buildings