Ask the Inspector
Questions and answers from the residential inspection section of the City of San Diego Development Services Department.
Do you have a question? We'll be happy to answer them in a future segment. Remember, because codes and applications differ, if you live outside of the City of San Diego, be sure to check with your local building department before following any advice in these articles. Click on the topic to view the questions and answers. If you have a question, email question to [email protected].
- Fences Can Be a Chip Off the Old Block
Do you need a construction permit and inspections to build a fence out of concrete block?
- Contractors: Good or Bad
- Tips on hiring a contractor. There are places to get help.
- Green Plug Can Mean Extra Cash
Saving money on electric bills with a voltage regulator... but maybe not.
- Look for Us at a Home Show
We meet you in a friendly setting.
- Building Inspectors Ensure Safety
Find out what building inspectors really do.
- Patio Cover May Not Need Permits
But building it to Code is still important, or there can be safety problems.
- Shake Down Your Home to Make It 'Quake Safe
Take a tour of your home and secure it for an earthquake.
- No Need To Slide in a 'Quake
Bolts can be your best friend in an earthquake
- Spraypainted Walls, Smoke Detectors, Electric Cords
How to remove unwanted artwork and other helpful tips.