Environmental Review Process
The City's environmental review process is established by the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), which was enacted in 1970, and is similar to the National Environmental Policy Act. The City's Municipal Code specifically assigns the responsibility for implementation of CEQA to the Development Services Department (DSD). DSD is charged with maintaining independence and objectivity in its review and analysis of the environmental consequences of development projects under its purview. DSD works with both public and private project applicants as well as all stakeholders to ensure that all feasible environmental mitigation measures or project alternatives are incorporated to minimize or preclude adverse impacts to the environment.
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Notices & Documents
Notices and reports to concerned citizens or interested person regarding decision of impact findings on the environment. Not all documents may be available for viewing online. Further, graphics, exhibits and attachments such as technical reports may not be available for viewing online.
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Notices of Rights to Appeal Environmental Determinations
Notices of environmental determinations made by City staff, the City Hearing Officer, and the City Planning Commission that may be appealed to the City Council in accordance with Section 112.0520 of the Municipal Code.
California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Final Documents
Many of our environmental documents are large and are therefore difficult to obtain and read from a cell phone. Tablets or computers are recommended for optimum viewing capability.
- August 15, 2016 - Spectrum III & IV, Project No. 422478
- Watermark-MedImpact, Project No. 443731
- Addendum No. 443731
- Watermark Environmental Impact Report No. 180357, Part 1
- Watermark Environmental Impact Report No. 180357, Part 2
- Watermark Environmental Impact Report No. 180357, Part 3
- Scripps Gateway Environmental Impact Report No. 92-0466, Part 1
- Scripps Gateway Environmental Impact Report No. 92-0466, Part 2
- El Camino Real Bridge/Road Widening Project Recirculated Final Environmental Impact Report and Technical Studies, Project No. 2982
- Meadowood II Findings to Master Environmental Impact Report, Project No. 432080