Building Safety: Together we are Building a Safer World
Building Safety assures that homes and buildings are safe places where people can live, work and play. "Together We are Building a Safer World," reflects the importance of getting everyone involved in the prevention of safety and security hazards.
- Tips and Guidelines
- Codes and Regulations
- Disaster Preparedness
- Disaster Assistance
- Links for Kids
- Other Helpful Links
Tips and Guidelines
- Safety First: Disaster Preparedness Tips for Your Home and Family
- Building Codes: How Do They Help You?
- Benefits of Building Permits
- Mold: Tips on Prevention and Remediation
- Flood Cleanup: Safety and Salvaging
Codes and Regulations
- Family Disaster Plan
- Home Quake Safety Toolkit
- Preparing Your Business for Disasters
- San Diego Fire Department Disaster Preparedness Information
- San Diego Unreinforced Masonry (URM) Program
Designed to save lives by minimizing the possibility of potential collapse of URM buildings during an earthquake.
- Putting Down Roots in Earthquake Country
A Handbook Designed for the San Francisco Bay Region that has Application to San Diego.
- Earthquake Preparedness Publications