Remodeling or expanding your business can be easier if you make Development Services a partner. Find out how.
- Ten Key Steps to Starting a Business (Diez Pasos Para Iniciar Su Negocio)
The Economic Development Department has put together a list of the ten key steps to starting a business, available in English and Spanish.
- Construction Permit Tips for Small Business
Construction permits for your safety and security.
- Development Review Process
The City of San Diego's coordinated development review process.
- Development Project Managers
Development Project Managers can help your project through the review process.
- Business Improvement Districts (BIDS)
Advance the physical, economic, and social environments of their respective business communities.
- Public Right-of-Way (PROW) Enhancement/Use Program
Pilot program for merchants to use the sidewalks in front of their businesses for merchandise and outdoor cafés without railings.
- Planning Department
Focus on land use and policy plans for more specific geographic areas.
- Zoning Information
Includes the Official Zoning Map, Zoning Designations, and how to obtain information about overlay zones.
- Building Records Request
Get a listing of construction permit records on your property
- Inspection Services
Information about inspection services, special permit issuance, contacting inspectors, and more.
- Development Links
Links to earthquake-related sites, other government agencies regulating development and information on building and development safety.
- Forms and Development Information
Construction permit application and other needed forms, plus submittal and design information.
- What You Should Know Before You Hire a Contractor
- Ten Tips for Making Sure Your Contractor Measures Up
- Workshops and Seminars