Other Household Appliances Tips
- Limit play on video games and cut use of appliances.
- When not in use, turn off computers and other electronic equipment completely.
- Unplug electric chargers when not in use (e.g., cell phone chargers).
- Many new TVs, VCRs, chargers, computer peripherals and other electronics use electricity even when they are switched "off." Although these "standby losses" are only a few watts each, they add up to over 50 watts in a typical home that is consumed all the time. If possible, unplug electronic devices and chargers that have a block-shaped transformer on the plug when they are not in use.
- For computer scanners, printers and other devices that are plugged into a power strip, simply switch off the power strip after shutting down your computer.