San Diego Lead Safety Collaborative
The City of San Diego's Lead Safety & Healthy Homes Project (LSHHP) has recently been awarded a HUD Office of Lead Hazard Control and Healthy Homes Lead-Based Paint Hazard Control Grant. The program goals are:
- Remediate lead hazards in 150 low income housing units, maximizing the number of children protected from lead poisoning and other housing-related hazards;
- Building local capacity to address HUD's Healthy Home Strategy;
- Further developing strategic relationships to promote program sustainability;
- Continued integrating of healthy homes principles into all City housing programs;
- Promoting Section 3 training and employment opportunities; and
- Educating the community on healthy homes and lead related issues so that they may be better able to protect themselves.
This program started in January 2015.
- Environmental Health Coalition - Outreach, Education, Intake & Follow-up
- County of San Diego CLPPP - Child EBL Referrals
- San Diego Housing Commission - Housing
- Urban Corps - Jobs Section 3 Training
- Grid Alternatives - Solar Installations
- Metropolitan Area Advisory Committee - Weatherization Funding
- Richard Heath and Associates - Energy Efficiency
- Campesonis Unidos Inc. - Weatherization
- La Maestra Community Health Center - Blood Lead Testing
If you would like to know more about the program e-mail [email protected] or call: 858-694-7000.