Learn from the experts how to turn your garbage into gold for your garden! You'll discover the different methods of backyard composting, how composting conditions the soil for healthy plants, and how you can save money and water. Visit the Solana Center for Environmental Innovation for workshop locations and to make a reservation, or call the Rotline at 760-436-7986, Ext. 700.
The next workshops in the City of San Diego will be:
- Saturday, Feb. 9th 10 a.m. - 12 noon at the Golden Hill Recreation Center, 2600 Golf Course Drive, San Diego, CA 92102. 619-235-1138
- Saturday, April 27th 10 a.m. - 12 noon at the North Park Recreation Center, 4044 Idaho Street, San Diego, CA 92104. 619-235-1152
- Saturday, August 3rd 10 a.m. - 12 noon at the Valencia Park/Malcolm X Branch Library, 5148 Market Street, San Diego, CA 92114. 619-527-3405
- Saturday, October 12th 10 a.m. - 12 noon at the Tecolote Canyon Natural Park and Nature Center, 5180 Tecolote Road, San Diego, CA 92110. 858-581-9944
- Find future backyard composting workshops in your community.
Master Composter Training
Become an expert in composting, meet new people and participate in interesting events, all while serving your community. The Master Composter course provides training in the art and science of composting, soil management and how to teach it to others. Certification requires attendance once a week at the five-week course and completion of 30 hours of community outreach. People of all ages and abilities are encouraged to apply. A $25 materials fee will be collected upon registration. For information and to register for the course, visit Solana Center for Environmental Innovation, or call 760-436-7986, Ext. 217.
Master Composter Training Schedule
Classes are held in the City's Environmental Services Department's Ridgehaven "Green Building" auditorium. The training also includes two field trips.
The next Master Composter Training Course:
5 – week course beginning on every Tuesday from March 12 - April 9, 2019
Ridgehaven Green Building Auditorium located at 9601 Ridgehaven Court, San Diego, CA 92123.
Course Fee $ 25
Download a flyer here
Call for details: 858-694-7000 or 760-436-7986 ext. 700