The Greenhaven at Ridgehaven
San Diego's Premiere "Green Building" Saves Money and the Environment
Home to the Environmental Services Department, the Ridgehaven "Green Building" Demonstration Project is one of the nation's most energy efficient dwellings. In 1999, the building received the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's first Energy Star Label for Buildings. Ridgehaven’s energy consumption is 28 percent better than the California Energy Code (2005), and the building uses half the water of a comparable commercial facility. This translates to about $100,000 in annual estimated cost savings. In 2003, the building received photovoltaic panels that produce energy from sunlight.
- What Makes a Building Green?
- Energy-Efficiency Measures & Environmental Enhancements
- Lighting Design
- Xeriscape Demonstration Garden
- The Vision
- Ridgehaven is an International Leader in Green
- The Ridgehaven Design Team
- The Green Partnering Program
- Driving directions to the "Green Building"