The human and operational benefits make the project a win-win model of efficiency for the city. Before its "green" renovation, a sister building to Ridgehaven paid an average monthly utility bill of $10,750. The "green building," with its energy efficient retro-fit pays just $3,750.
- Replacing the water-source heat pumps used for heating ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) with high-efficiency units.
- Adjustable speed drives for condenser water pumps
- Direct Digital Control for HVAC to optimize equipment performance.
- New radial fiberglass cooling towers that use a two-speed, 5 horsepower fan motor instead of the original 15 horsepower fan motor.
- High-efficiency motors for condenser water pumps.
- Addition of high performance anti-solar window film.