What Green Waste Can I Recycle in my Yard Waste Container?
Whether recycling greens at the curb or at the Greenery, please be aware that not all greens are accepted. There are some plants that can damage the machinery and so are not accepted for recycling. The following are lists of what greens and other materials are and are not accepted.
Accepted Clean Green Waste
- Shrub clippings (Less than four feet long and no one piece more than six inches in diameter)
- Bundles (Four feet long, tied with string on both ends and weighing no more than 40 pounds)
Not Accepted Green Waste
- Banana trees
- Bird-of-paradise plants
- Cactus and yucca plants
- Palm fronds
- Shingles, chemically treated or painted wood
- Sawdust, painted wood, ashes or Formica products
- Tree stumps longer than four feet, or any one piece greater than six inches in diameter
- BAGS (plastic or paper)
- Dirt and rocks
- Glass or metal
- Demolition debris
- Trash of any kind
If you are unsure if your green waste is accepted for recycling in your curbside yard waste container, please contact the Environmental Services Department at 858-694-7000.