To monitor compliance with the ordinance, annual reports must be submitted to ESD from:
- Those providing recyclable material collection service. This includes franchise haulers and Certified Recyclable Material Collectors.
- Apartments/condos or businesses that use non-certified recyclable material collectors or self-haul their recyclables. This excludes single-family and multi-family residents. (Your management or HOA will report it.)
Reports must be submitted by August 15 of each year for the period of July 1 through June 30 of the immediately preceding 12-month period. For example, report by August 15, 2011 for July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011 period. Properties that have an approved exemption from the requirements of the ordinance do not need to submit a report.
For apartments/condos and businesses:
- If your recycling program is serviced by a franchise hauler or Certified Recyclable Material Collector, they will report on the service they provide to your facility so you do not need to submit a report. Check this list to see if your recycling service provider is a franchise hauler or certified collector.
- If your recycling program is NOT serviced by a franchise hauler or Certified Recyclable Material Collector (i.e., you use a non-Certified Recyclable Material Collector or an employee hauls recyclables to a recycling facility), you must fill out and submit a Recycling Reporting Form to ESD.
- Recycling Reporting Form
- Submission Guidelines:
- Open the PDF document and type in your company's information. If you have a version of Adobe that allows you to save your information, you may e-mail the form to [email protected].
- If you can not save your information, print out the form and scan and e-mail to [email protected], or
Environmental Services Dept.
Attn: CRO Recycling Report
9601 Ridgehaven Court, Ste 320
San Diego, CA 92123-1636
For franchise haulers and Certified Recyclable Material Collectors:
- Reports must include the following information:
- Name of the person(s) responsible for solid waste and /or recyclable materials management at the facility serviced, and their billing address, phone number, and email (if available);
- Name and address of the facility serviced;
- Volume, in cubic yards, of solid waste and recyclable materials collected per week from the facility;
- Frequency of solid waste and recyclable material collection service provided to the facility; and
- The total amount of recyclable material (in tons) collected within the City and the names and addresses of the recycling facilities where these materials were delivered for recycling.
- E-mail [email protected]diego.gov for an Annual Report template file.
- Certified Recyclable Material Collector Application