To ensure your success, the City can help you with educational resources and technical assistance. For help from a Recycling Specialist in setting up a recycling program, call 858-694-7000.
The following documents can be downloaded and printed for use at your apartment/condominium complex or business.
- Sample Recycling Container Sign
- Sample Recycling Container Sign (Fillable) (PDF)
- No Scavenging Flier and/or sign - English, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Chinese
- Multi-Family Complex Recycling Tips (FAQs)
- Multi-Family Check List: How to Prepare for Inspection
- Chute signage requirement template (DOCX)
- Manufacturers and Vendors of Recycling Signage
- Environmental Benefits of Recycling Flier
- Protect Your Identity Flier
- What Goes Where Flier
- Donation Flier
- Generic Recycling Locations Flier (Can be customized using graphics software)
- Unwanted Mail Flier
- For best results, save the Portable Document Format (PDF) to your computer then open in Photoshop. Place your logo or company name and phone number in the document's blank spaces.
- The PDF can also be opened in Adobe Acrobat Standard or Professional software (not Adobe Reader): Save the PDF file to your computer. Use the "Typewriter" feature located in the Tools menu to enter your company name and phone number in the document's blank spaces. Logos cannot be placed in Adobe Acrobat.
- If you are unable to edit the document in Photoshop or Adobe, print it then enter your information by hand. Use the "Print Setup" option in the File menu to adjust the document size.
- Sample Newsletter Articles
- Sample Letter to residents of apartments/condos to kick off program:
Word Document - Apartments
- Single Commercial Sample Letter to tenants to kick off program:
Word Document - Tenants
- Multi-Commercial Sample Letter to tenants or employees to kick off program for commercial properties with more than one business:
Word Document - Tenants or Employees