Often times it is advantageous for the City to have a developer construct certain infrastructure improvements, which directly benefit the City, as well as the developer. The improvements consist of street improvements, parks, libraries, fire stations, and police stations. Reimbursement to developers could be in the form of cash and/or credits against future building permits issued. The City enters into agreements for the reimbursement to developers or other parties for the cost of infrastructure improvements which provide benefit to the community. These projects are included in either a Public Facilities Financing Plan (PFFP) or Impact Fee Study (IFS) and the City Capital Improvements Program (CIP) budget.
Reimbursement Agreement Application Submittal
A Reimbursement Agreement requires a pre-submittal appointment. Please call (619) 533-3670 to schedule a pre-submittal appointment.
The developer will initiate a request to enter a Reimbursement Agreement with their Facilities Financing Manager. Please provide the following forms to Facilities Financing:
1) completed & signed General Application (DS-3032 form); and
2) completed & signed Deposit Account/Financially Responsible Party Form (DS-3242 form).
Please use the following hyper link for the most up-to-date forms available. http://www.sandiego.gov/development-services/industry/information/forms/number.shtml
After receiving the completed and signed forms, Facilities Financing will setup the Reimbursement Agreement project in the Project Tracking System (PTS), obtain a PTS number (also known as Project Number), and will have a Deposit Trust Fund Account opened.
The initial deposit for a Reimbursement Agreement project is $10,000.00. Subsequent reviews and a minimum balance of $5,000.00 is to be in the project’s deposit account.
After creating a project in PTS, Facilities Financing will inform the applicant when an invoice has been created to provide the invoice number and pay the invoice on-line at OpenDSD through the following hyperlink: http://www.sandiego.gov/development-services/opendsd/.
Reimbursement Agreement Contracts/Insurance Checklist for Public Works Department Review:
To facilitate the contracts Division review process insuring all required documents are in place.
Executed Reimbursement Agreements
- RA with San Ysidro School District for Del Sol Blvd-Central (Portion of T-4.1)
- RA with Hazard Center Associates for Hazard Center Drive Extension (MV T-15)
- RA with Pardee Homes for COMPLETED Hiking and Biking Trails (PHR P-10.1)
- RA with Pardee Homes for UNCOMPLETED Hiking and Biking Trails (PHR P-10.1)
- RA for Carmel Mountain Road Widening (Southern) and New 16-Inch Water Main (TH T-5.2 & U-3)
- RA with Pardee Homes Community Park (PHR P-3.1)
- RA with Fenton Little Italy, LLC for Public Plaza (Piazza Famiglia), Project No. P-13
- RA with Sunroad Centrum Partners for Centrum Neighborhood Park Enhancements
- RA with Pardee Homes for Dennery Ranch Neighborhood Park (OM P-2)
- RA with Pardee Homes for Dennery Road and Del Sol Boulevard (T-3.1, 3.3, 4.1)
- RA BMR Master Reimbursement Agreement
- RA BMR 2014 Reimbursement Agreement
- RA BMR Del Sur Northen Neighborhood Park (P-5)
- RA for Carmel Mountain Road Widening (Northern) and New 16-Inch Water Main (TH T-5.2 & U-3)
- RA Amendment Carmel Mountain Road (Northern) and New 16-Inch Water Main (TH T-5.2 & U-3)
- Coop Agreement with CALTRANS for PS&E of Torrey Meadows Bridge T-9
- RA with Kilroy Realty-Torrey Meadows Bridge Design (T-9)
- RA with Pardee Homes for Carmel Valley Road (PHR T-4.2)
- RA with Pardee Homes for Carmel Valley Road (PHR T-4.4)
- RA with Pardee Homes Amendment (PHR T-4.4)
- RA with Pardee Homes-Traffic Signals (PHR T-7) 15 & 16 at Carmel Valley Road
- RA with Pardee Homes -Amendment Traffic Signals (PHR T-7)
- RA with Quarry Falls, LLC (MV P-6 & TPP)
- RA with Pardee Homes for Little McGonigle Ranch Road PipeLine, Phase II and V (43-21 & U-4)