Andrea Tevlin, Independent Budget Analyst
Independent Budget Analyst
Phone: (619) 236-6555
Fax: (619) 236-6556
Email: [email protected]
Andrea Tevlin is the City Council's first Independent Budget Analyst under the strong mayor form of government.
Prior to her new position, Andrea served as Deputy City Manager for the City of Phoenix, overseeing Water and Wastewater; Information Technology; the City's international airport; Human Services; Equal Opportunity and the Library. During her 24 years with the City of Phoenix, she worked in the Budget and Research Department for 12 years, five as its Director. She also served as Chief of Staff to Phoenix Mayor Skip Rimsza for five years. Andrea helped secure voter approval of a $750 million capital projects and infrastructure bond, and two sales tax increases for new regional parks and for a new light rail system. Andrea began her career as a Management Intern and Management Analyst in the City Manager's Office for the City of Tempe, Arizona.
Ms. Tevlin has a Master of Public Administration Degree from Arizona State University and a Bachelor Degree in Political Science and Sociology from Carroll College in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
Significant accomplishments include:
- During her tenure as Budget Director, Phoenix was named the Best Financially Managed City in the Country by Governing magazine as a result of multi-year budget cutbacks and budget stabilization programs that she managed and implemented;
- Leadership roles in securing voter approval and implementing three of the largest municipal bond programs in the Country;
- Creation and implementation of a one-stop Development Services Department through consolidation of five departments;
- Development and implementation of a major Neighborhood Improvement Program resulting in voter approval of the City's first Neighborhood Maintenance Code; and
- Project lead in the conversion of a historic high school campus into the City's Municipal Court facility.