Thank you for visiting the Wastewater web pages of the City of San Diego Public Utilities Department, which safely collects, treats and disposes of nearly 180 million gallons of sewage every day.
Public Utilities is committed to providing our community with a safe, efficient, regional sewer system. Our safe and efficient regional sewer system protects our ocean water quality, supplements our limited water supply, and meets federal standards at the lowest possible cost.
Through state-of-the-art facilities, water reclamation, biosolids production and cogeneration, the City is a leader in maximizing the conservation of water and energy as part of the wastewater treatment process.
City of San Diego Public Utilities Department
9192 Topaz Way
San Diego, CA 92123-1119
- Report a manhole being vandalized: Call 9-1-1
- Report a sewer spill: 619-515-3525
- Report a bad sewer odor:
- Outside the home: 619-515-3525
- Inside the home: 619-515-3525
- Billing questions: 619-515-3500
- Customer Care Center - Important Billing Information for I-Pay and Monthly Billed Customers
- Bill payment locations: 619-515-3500
- Underground sewer markout: Call 8-1-1 (Dig Alert)
- Sewer/water/line locations: 619-527-7482
- Sewer lateral locations: 619-527-7482
- Sewer permits: 619-446-5000
- New Sewer Connections: 619-446-5000
- Food Establishment Wastewater Discharge (FEWD) Program: 858-654-4188
- Industrial Wastewater Control Program: 858-654-4100
- Storm Water Pollution: 619-235-1000