Here's some fun stuff to gross out your family and friends. Adult supervision is recommended when making any of these tasty treats.
This recipe makes two servings. Double it for four!
- 2 12-ounce cans cola
- 1/8 cup hard candy (any flavor)
- 10 spaghetti noodles (dry)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 straws
- 2 tall glasses
- 1 quart pitcher
- Break each spaghetti noodle into six pieces. Cook according to directions on the package. Set aside.
- Place the hard candy in a plastic bag and seal it. Use a wooden spoon to grind the candy into small (pebble, sand-like) pieces. Set aside.
- Pour cola into 1-quart pitcher. Add vegetable oil. Stir cola until flat. There should be no bubbles.
- To the cola, add the spaghetti noodles and hard candy. Stir.
- Pour into two tall glasses. Add a straw to each glass. Serve to unsuspecting friends! Yew!!!
*Important: Sewage Soda does not contain real sewage. Untreated raw sewage is dangerous to your health and should never be consumed.
Fake Sludge Cakes
This recipe makes 1 dozen sludge cakes (12 servings).
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (any kind)
- 1 package chocolate sandwich cookies
- non-stick cooking spray or butter
- 1 large plastic bag (1-gallon size)
- 2 large bowls
- hand mixer (beaters), optional
- 1 muffin pan
- Lightly grease muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
- Place chocolate sandwich cookies inside large plastic bag.
- Use backside of spoon to break cookies into small chunks.
- Once crushed, open and pour cookies into large bowl. Use your hands-your clean hands-to crumble any cookie chunks that are too large. Try for a dirt-like texture.
- In second large bowl, use hand mixer (or spoon) to beat cream cheese and cocoa powder until light and fluffy. Stir in chocolate syrup.
- Add crushed cookies to the cream cheese mixture in small batches. Fold together. All cookie pieces should be coated with cream cheese mixture.
- Firmly pack muffin tins to rim with cookie mixture.
- Turn pan over and shake gently to remove fake sludge cakes.
- Hold one in your hand. Fake out your friends-tell them that it's a sludge cake-then eat it!