Information bulletins are free publications that provide fees, technical instruction, policies and/or procedures.
See the entire listing of Information Bulletins by Subject and Number.
Technical Bulletins are published periodically to clarify the Department’s application and interpretation of code requirements; policies and procedures. The following Technical Policies are filed by a sequential numbering system based on the applicable code and chapter.
- Information Bulletin 118: How to Process Construction Changes to Permitted Plans
If your project has already received its construction permits but changes need to be made to the plans, follow these directions.
- Information Bulletin 122: How to Prepare a Site Plan and Vicinity Map
Updated per CBC 2007. Assists in the preparation of plot/site plan and vicinity map for a single family residence.
- Information Bulletin 140: How To Obtain a Permit to Build a Residential Addition/Alteration
Assists in the preparation of your plans for a Single-Story Room Addition and Accessory Structures for Single-dwelling units or Duplexes.
Requirements and Regulations
- Information Bulletin 116: Hazardous Materials Reporting Requirements
Any hazardous materials that will be stored in a building when construction is complete must be reported in advance.
- Information Bulletin 117: Regulations Covering Permit Expiration and Extension
Determine when permits expire and when they can be extended.
- Information Bulletin 142: Permitting Requirements for Residential Garage Conversions
Describes the minimum requirements for obtaining a permit to convert a garage of a single family dwelling or duplex to a habitable (or non-parking) area.
- Information Bulletin 515: Geotechnical Study Requirements
Describes when geotechnical reports are required at project submittal for development permits, subdivisions, and grading permits.
- Information Bulletin 111: Sign Plan Check to Permit Issuance
Use this bulletin to apply and obtain permits for business sign installation.
- Information Bulletin 523: How to Obtain a Permit for a Sidewalk Café
This information bulletin describes the approval process and submittal requirements for Sidewalk Café.
- Information Bulletin 532: Inclusionary Housing
This information bulletin provides basic information regarding the Inclusionary Housing Ordinance.
- Information Bulletin 534: Pushcart Neighborhood Use Permit
This information bulletin describes pushcarts, their permitted locations, permit requirements, and submittal requirements for their installation in the public right-of-way.
- Information Bulletin 710: Permit Instructions, Procedures for Building Demolition/Removal
This information bulletin describes the procedures and required permits for demolishing or removing buildings or structures located in the City of San Diego.