- Professional Certification for Discretionary Completeness Review ( Information Bulletin 514) - This program allows eligible certified professionals to certify that their discretionary development project application package meets the minimum submittal requirements. Professionals must attend a training class provided by City of San Diego staff.
Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018
Time: 10 to 11 a.m.
Location: 1222 First Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
Fourth Floor Training Room
Reservations: Please contact Kara Walker at 619-446-5046 or [email protected] to register for this class
- Professional Certification for Solar Photovoltaic Plan Review ( Information Bulletin 303) - This program allows eligible design professionals to obtain a permit for Roof Mounted Solar PV installations without a full plan review.
Date: Monday December 11th, 2017
Time: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Location: 1222 First Ave,
San Diego, CA 92101
4th Floor Training Room
Reservations: Please RSVP by emailing Merli Mejia at [email protected]
- Permit Streamlining Workshop Tuesday October 17, 2017 - Architects and other design professionals are natural leaders in helping their community move toward more effective and efficient permit processing. As the economy continues to improve, both code officials and design professionals must find ways to perform quality service with less time and money. By working together from common ground, a win-win-win scenario emerges: code compliant buildings that can be permitted in less time, while meeting the high standard of today's design expectations as well as energy and sustainability performance standards. Using case study examples from around the country, this session will inspire and empower attendees to engage in a cooperative and collaborative way in moving the community toward more efficient and effective permit processing. National studies have documented significant positive impacts from properly designed and implemented permitting improvements:
- Time and money savings for design professionals, their clients and jurisdictions;
- Increased consistency in code interpretation and application;
- Enhanced protection of public health, safety and welfare in the built environment;
- Higher performing buildings consistent with modern energy, sustainability, resiliency and design standards.
Date: Tuesday October 17, 2017
Time: 11:30 am Registration/Check-in
12:00 noon – 1:00 pm Presentation
1:00 – 1:30 pm Q&A
Location: City of San Diego
Development Services Department
4th Floor Conference Room
1222 First Avenue
San Diego, California 92101-4155
Register: Advance registration for this free program is limited to AIA-members and City of San Diego employees (enter member or employee # when registering) and is required for guaranteed seating and complimentary box lunches. www.aiasandiego.org/permitting This workshop offers 1.5 CE Learning Units for AIA architect-members.
Note: Advanced reservations held until 11:55am. General walk-ins permitted after 11:55am, if places available (no lunch provided).
Community Planning Groups
Find out about the workshops scheduled for elected members of the Council-recognized Community Planning Groups. See the Community Planning website.