Illegal Dumping, Litter, And Scavenging
Annually, there are over 25,000 reports of illegal dumping, littering, scavenging and waste-related violations in the City of San Diego. These reports are investigated by the Department's Solid Waste Code Enforcement team, a group responsible for enforcing the City's solid waste codes. Code Enforcement also provides anti-waste education and organizes more than 70 community cleanup/recycling events around the City each year.
- Abatement Program Fact Sheet
- What is illegal dumping and how can I report it?
- What is scavenging and how can I report it?
- What are waste-related violations and how can I report them?
- Community Cleanup/Recycling
To report illegal dumping, littering, scavenging or other waste-related violations, please complete and submit a Trash/Litter/Recycling or call ESD at 858-694-7000.