Mandatory Electronic Filing: Registration Forms and Quarterly Disclosure Reports must be filed electronically. For assistance accessing the City's electronic filing system, contact the City Clerk's Office at (619) 533-4025.
Training Program for Lobbying Entities: Free online training is available to lobbying firms and organization lobbyists seeking guidance on how to properly complete quarterly disclosure reports. Email the Ethics Commission at [email protected] for more information.
- San Diego Municipal Lobbying Ordinance
- Lobbying Manual (rev. January 2016) (PDF)
- Top 10 Facts for Lobbyists
- Lobbying Registration Fees
- Lobbying Ordinance Fact Sheets
- Lobbying Ordinance "Frequently Asked Questions"
- List of Registered Lobbying Firms and Organization Lobbyists
Instructions for completing and filing Registration Forms and Quarterly Disclosure Reports are contained within the City's electronic filing system. The following guidelines are intended to supplement the online instructions and provide a greater understanding of the Lobbying Ordinance's disclosure requirements.
- Lobbying Firm Filing Guidelines
- Organization Lobbyist Filing Guidelines
- Expenditure Lobbyist Filing Guidelines
Lists of City Officials
Use these lists for guidance when completing Schedule A or Schedule A-1 of your Quarterly Disclosure Report.
- City Officials: Elected Officials and Unclassified Employees (rev. July 3, 2018)
- City Officials: Boards, Commissions, and Committees (rev. January 18, 2017)
- City Officials: Officers of City Agencies (rev. February 15, 2018)
List of Candidates and Committees (Contributions & Fundraising Activities)
Refer to the most recent list when filling out Schedules C, D, and E of your quarterly report. Information on this and past lists may also be useful when completing Schedule C - Part 1 of your Registration Form.
- City Candidates and Committees 2016 to 2018 (rev. March 2018)
- City Candidates and Committees 2015 to 2016
Summaries of Lobbying Activity
- 2016 Lobbying Activity (April 7, 2017)
- 2015 Lobbying Activity (May 6, 2016)
- 2014 Lobbying Activity (April 17, 2015)
- 2013 Lobbying Activity (October 3, 2014)
- 2012 Lobbying Activity (June 6, 2013)
- 2011 Lobbying Activity (July 3, 2012)
- 2009-2010 Lobbying Activity (March 17, 2011)
- 2008 Lobbying Activity (June 25, 2009)
Historical Lobbying Ordinance Information
For memorandums, draft amendments and ordinances pertaining to past versions of the Lobbying Ordinance, please visit the Ethics Commission's Lobbying Ordinance History page.