Fire Station 16
Fire Station 16 was originally opened at the Santa Fe Wharf at the foot of Market Street. It relocated to 402 Harbor Lane in 1946 and to 1100 West Broadway in 1962. There was no station house there; the crew lived on the fireboat. The Harbor Department took over the fireboats in 1966. The current station building was opened in September 1982
Fire Station 16 serves La Jolla and its surrounding areas. Engine 16's district is 3.45 square miles.
- Engine 16