Colonel Irving Salomon San Ysidro Community Activity Center
Current Special Events and Activities
Parks Fit San Diego
- June 12th through August 12th
- Challenge: Walk, Run, Roll or Swim 30, 90, 120 miles between June 12th and August 12th. Choose one activity or mix it up. Track your miles and turn them in by due date for your Park Fit San Diego bag. For all ages.
Free Summer Lunch Program
- June 12 – July 18, 2017
- Free for 18yrs and younger
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Free Summer Lunch BBQ
- June 21, 2017
Vista Terrace Park (301 Athey Ave. San Ysidro, Ca. 92173)
- Free event
- 12:00 pm -1:00 pm
Teen Nite Program
- Every Friday Night : July 7 – August 25, 2017
- Free event
- 5:30pm – 8:30pm Ages 12 -17
The BookNook program is a "take a book, leave a book" gathering place at your favorite recreation center. Share your favorite literature and stories with others.
Veteran’s Day (November 11)
Thanksgiving Day (November 24)
History of the Center
The Recreation Center reopened in the spring 2004 after being closed for over a year due to a fire that destroyed part of the center.
Directions and Bus Route
From Interstate 805 south, take state Route 905 west and take the Picador Boulevard/Smythe Avenue exit. Turn left on Smythe and proceed to Avenida de la Madrid. Turn left on Avenida de la Madrid. Then turn left on Blando Lane. Proceed two blocks to Diza Road and turn left.
From Interstate 5 south, take state Route 905 east and take the Picador Boulevard/Smythe Avenue exit. Turn right on Smythe and proceed to Avenida de la Madrid. Turn left on Avenida de la Madrid. Then turn left on Blando Lane. Proceed two blocks to Diza Road and turn left.
The center is accessible by bus via SDMTS Route 932 and the San Diego Trolley's Blue Line.