Vendor Outreach Equal Opportunity
The goal of the City is to promote and to foster business diversity and inclusiveness when providing bid and contracting opportunities with the City of San Diego. It is the policy of the City to assure equal opportunities are available for all business types including small, local, and emerging businesses.
- Participating at various business community functions such as monthly business association luncheons, yearly business to business conferences, and trade shows.
- Providing educational opportunities on doing business with the City through partnerships with City department such as the Library.
- Distributing printed materials at various locations throughout the City and at the City Administration Building.
- Maintaining several web pages to help increase awareness for bid and contract opportunities with the City of San Diego.
- Bid Tabulations - includes a listing of bid opportunities and bid downloading capabilities.
- Small Business Assistance Program - provides small businesses with resources and information concerning financial assistance, business development, and steps on starting a business.
- Equal Opportunity Contracting (EOC) - monitors participation of Certified Small Local Business Enterprises, Minority Business Enterprises, Women Business Enterprises, Disadvantaged Business Enterprises and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises on City contracts.
- Contracting Opportunities Center (COC) - also known as the Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) is a nonprofit organization funded by local government agencies and the Department of Defense.
- Printed brochures and flyers are located at various locations throughout the City and include valuable information about the Purchasing & Contracting.